Chiropractic Care for Pregnancy
Chiropractic care can be beneficial whether you are already pregnant or trying to conceive. We focus on the alignment of the spine and nervous system to reduce stress and tension to create an optimal environment for your growing baby, allowing for a comfortable and healthy pregnancy.
The effects of chiropractic care during pregnancy go far beyond treating pain.
- 1st time pregnant mothers receiving chiropractic care report an average of 24% shorter labour times than women who don’t receive chiropractic care.
- Increased comfort during the third trimester.
- Pregnant women receiving chiropractic care are less likely to have pain during delivery.
- There is up to a 50% reduction in the need for analgesics (pain medication) in pregnant patients who received chiropractic adjustments.
- Chiropractic care has helped new mums become more comfortable breastfeeding (posture-wise).
Elizabeth has comprehensive knowledge in utilising chiropractic before, during and after pregnancy. She works with a number of birth professionals in the area to assist pregnant women to obtain their ideal birth.
Elizabeth is affiliated with the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association and is certified in the Webster’s Technique. This focused technique helps optimise a woman’s pelvis allowing baby to position itself naturally and optiamlly within the womb. This can also allow for a more comfortable pregnancy and better birth outcome.